Informal Dinner, Saturday 9th September 2017
Event has now expired
The Society’s 2017 Informal Dinner will be held at Northbank Restaurant, 1 Paul’s Walk, London EC4V 3QH on Saturday 9th September, 7.00 for 7.30pm.
Northbank is set on the riverside, just underneath the Millenium Bridge, with views across the Thames to the Tate Modern. It is close to Blackfriars, and Cannon Street stations as well as Mansion House and St Paul’s tube stations.
As you walk in there is a bar to your left and the restaurant, where we will seated, to the right. With a delicious contemporary British Menu, we can choose on the night from a selection of 3 starters, 3 mains and 3 desserts (see below). We will be welcomed with a glass of something cool and bubbly (or a soft alternative) and the dinner will finish with tea or coffee. The cost will be £40.00 including service.
As usual there will be peals arranged on the day. Please sign up now for what will be a lovely summer event.
The set menu including the vegetarian option is listed below:
- Butternut Squash Soup with Toasted Pumpkin Seeds and Tarragon Oil (V)
- Pickled Mackerel with Horseradish and Beetroot Slaw
- Confit Duck Ballotine with Warm Sour Dough and Fig Chutney
- Oven Roasted Chicken with Celeriac Fondant and Sautéed Kale
- Seared Hake fillet with Fine Beans and Herb Potato Gnocchi
- Mushroom and Cornish Blue Cheese Struddle with Grain Mustard Cream (V)
- Apple and Damson Fruit Crumble with Clotted Cream Ice Cream
- Sticky Date Pudding with Butterscotch Custard
- West Combe Cheddar plate with Celery and Water Crackers
There will also be a cash bar.here, then you can sign up; alternatively by ticking the paper list on Wednesday or please email Timothy R Forster the Assistant Secretary.)
- Peal attempt: signup has now expired
- Dinner: signup has now expired
You can pay Claire Roulstone the Honorary Treasurer directly, by cash or cheque (£40.00 per person). Alternatively, you can pay by telephone banking or online banking (also £40.00 per person) or use the PayPal form below (which incurs a small handling fee).
Please notify Claire Roulstone the Honorary Treasurer, if you have paid by telephone banking, online banking or paypal.