Informal Dinner, Saturday 14th September 2019
86 days to go
The Society’s 2019 Informal Dinner will be held at Browns Brasserie & Bar, 8-10 Old Jewry, London EC2R 8DN on Saturday 14th September, 7.00 for 7.30pm.
The Society has secured a semi-exclusive space in the beautiful setting of Browns, Old Jewry in the heart of the City, just a few minutes’ walk from Bank Station. This venue, the former Commonwealth Bank of Australia, has a proven track record of hosting other ringing society dinners.
Members have the choice of three different Starters, Mains and Desserts and will be welcomed with a reception drink of prosecco (or a soft alternative). The cost of £40.00 also includes tea or coffee and service.
The bar offers and extensive wine list, as well a choice of real ales on cask and cocktails for those feeling more exotic.
As usual, members will have the chance to ring peals in the morning. Please sign up now for what will be a lovely summer event.
The set menu including the vegetarian option is listed below:
- Torched Mackerel - Gooseberry compote, cucumber, Greek yoghurt, sourdough croutons
- Devon Crab & Avocado - Crab mayonnaise, sourdough toast
- Asparagus (v) - Poached Copper Maran heritage hen egg, sourdough croutons, herb crumb
- Slow-Cooked Salted Pork Belly - Savoury apple pie, crackling, red wine jus, green beans, buttered mash
- 9oz Ribeye - Served with fries and lightly-dressed watercress
- Roast Fillet of Salmon - Sautéed heritage potatoes, cherry vine tomatoes, caper berries, dressed watercress, salsa verde
- Coronation Cauliflower (v) - Saag aloo, coconut raita, mango, toasted almonds, broccoli shoots, beluga lentils, curry oil
- Coconut & Vanilla Panna Cotta (v) - Blackberries, blueberries, raspberry sorbet, Sailor Jerry spiced rum, caramelised hazelnuts
- Red Berry Eton Mess (v) - Strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, meringue, whipped double cream
- Home-Baked Chocolate Brownie (v) - Honeycomb ice cream
- Peal attempt: we need to know by Wednesday 4th September, in 76 days
- Dinner: we need to know by Wednesday 4th September, in 76 days
You can pay Claire Roulstone the Honorary Treasurer directly, by cash or cheque (£40.00 per person). Alternatively, you can pay by telephone banking or online banking (also £40.00 per person) or use the PayPal form below (which incurs a small handling fee).
Please notify Claire Roulstone the Honorary Treasurer, if you have paid by telephone banking, online banking or paypal.